Supporting effective collaborative change is the central mission of 10 Circles. We work with you through the entire cycle of the collaborative change process:
- Clarifying issues and opportunities where collaborative approaches can be helpful,
- Designing the overall collaborative change cycle from engagement through action,
- Stakeholder identification, mapping, and engagement,
- Design and facilitation of stakeholder meetings,
- Application of tools for effective collaboration, including systems mapping and collaborative capacity building,
- Identification of ‘opportunity spaces’ for collaborative action,
- Support for implementation of collaborative action,
- Refreshing or closing down collaboratives.
Our approach is based on almost two decades of experience bringing together both allies and enemies to learn to see the world through a common lens and act together. We focus on building strong relationships between would-be partners through a carefully constructed process that is designed to engender better and better listening and thinking together. We make extensive use of the systems change process described in Theory U by Otto Scharmer.
Some of the kinds of collaboration we support include:
Public input processes
One of the most challenging collaboration settings is managing a public or semi-public meeting where the potential for conflict is high. We specialize in creating a welcoming environment for public comment that diffuses tension by recognizing our differences.
Internal planning processes including strategic planning
Lining up allies and co-workers behind a common vision and strategic direction is one the most important ways we can build more change capacity. We offer a unique approach to strategic planning that accesses both your external senses and resources and your deep internal intentions. By skillfully balancing the tactical and the strategic, we help you create a living roadmap to the future you want to create.
Some of the ways we can work with you include helping you to:
- Sense the field through interviews, focus groups, and surveys
- Understand your role in the ecosystem of change and your unique capacities
- Discover your organization’s deep intention and direction for the future
- Build meaningful long- and short-term strategies that close the gap between aspiration and actuality
We work in a variety of formats including short intensives and longer, deeper explorations.
Conference design and large group processes
Gathering 50 or more people for a symposium, conference, or summit can be one of the most powerful ways to unleash collaborative potential. We help design and facilitate large group events that are interactive at their heart, engaging, and lead to development of relationships, new thinking, and ultimately action.